Wednesday 15 July 2015

I'll leave words

before i leave
this encyclopedia of your heart
to dusts and webs and
all sorts of insects
there are words like
birthmarks i wish to script

words the world has
never heard of or seen
since she got the name
earth
by celestial taxonomy

words
whose lungs i pray
my verbs breathe into
to give their skeletons flesh and life

words that would walk
stand upright on twos
sit with you on the dining table
and maybe play my night role
when i shut my eyes in sleep

i surely will leave
words
with angelic wings
that can fly to you
as sedating songs
whenever you with your tongue
taste the marrah of my absence
filling your mouth

i shall leave tasty words
red wines and candies

and intoxicating words too
to lift your spirit high
above its low sea level

words to still the sandstorms
breaking the rose flowers
you have planted in your heart
in memory of me

i'd leave ever fresh words like mentol
words you'd feel in your throat
when the children read me
via poetry apps in portable devices

i'll not leave
without leaving words with magical hands
like mine
to keep on playing my keys
on your piano,
your sumptuous body
minors on majors on sharps

everywhere your eyes roll
like an owl prying the dark
searching for a missing link
i'll leave words

and in your water colour dreams
i'll leave my footnotes

No comments:

Post a Comment