Wednesday 15 July 2015

Spectabilis


my heart was a forest of flowers
full of greens & happiness
before that uncalled-for call from the clouds
if I had seen death's angel
I would have seized her throat
broken her lips
blocked her ovule
and culture the uncured rivers
meandering down from eyes
to cheeks on face
then down into earth's mouth
(earth is never satisfied
she is a kwashiorkor child--
swollen stomach hungry eyes
longing tongue
insatiable watery desires)

for a season the rain has ceased
and the forest is losing its green
my happiness is developing false toes
and shades of lemon
the lemon goes lighter
to a fainter hue unknown to me
oh, it turns yellowish Brown
oh, it's now brown
the colour of sunburnt leaves

the wind came and blew away everything
and I am left with a flower
I still don't know how it managed to survive
so I say thank you dear friend
who watered when we lost sight of & hope
in anything green that with time greys
(for they turn brown too quickly)

it has happened again!
the flower is no more
the flower is no more
a hungry goat ate it
and disappeared just like that

my heart is a graveyard
my heart is a desert
a flower so precious
a flower so charming
with open secrets in her petals
with magic & gold particles as pollens
is gone

Ehizogie

No comments:

Post a Comment